The TOEFL iBT® test, delivered via the Internet, is an important part of your journey to study in an English-speaking country. In addition to the test, the ETS TOEFL® Program provides tools and guides to help you prepare for the test and improve your English-language skills.
What Is the TOEFL iBT Test?
The TOEFL iBT test measures your ability to use and understand English at the university level. And it evaluates how well you combine your listening, reading, speaking and writing skills to perform academic tasks.
Who Takes the TOEFL® Test?
More than 30 million people from all over the world have taken the TOEFL® test to demonstrate their English-language proficiency. The average English skill level ranges between Intermediate and Advanced.
- Students planning to study at a higher education institution
- English-language learning program admissions and exit
- Scholarship and certification candidates
- nglish-language learners who want to track their progress
- Students and workers applying for visas
What is the scoring scale for the TOEFL® iBT Test?
- Scoring is between 0 (Minimum) and 120 (Maximum) with 10-point increment. Four scores are reported on the TOEFL®:
- Reading score reported on a 0-30 score scale.
- Listening score reported on a 0-30 score scale.
- Writing score reported on a 0-30 score scale.
- Speaking score reported on a 0-30 score scale.